YouTube Popup Tamer (v2.1.5)
Watch YouTube without interruptions. 2 modes! - blocking and closing annoying popups, video ads and many more.
It blocks all popups and video ads before they even show up - you won't even see any pause.
If by changes in code or some other reason blocking module fails there is always clicking module.
All blocked, unnecessary stuff can take up to 48% of data sent to your browser !!!
Sadly Chrome doesn't support blocking module :(((
Only Firefox users can use YouTube with absolutely no interruptions.
Works on any popup (big, small, on left and right ;) ), but in particular:
- Sign in to YouTube
- Video paused. Continue watching?
- Age confirmation
- YouTube Music ad
- Chrome ad
- Make a donation to this channel
- You are not using a YouTube account
- and probably every annoying popup YT adds later...
Cookies popup excluded.
Unlike other similar extensions:
- has two modes that work simultaneously
- blocking works on 5 different YT network data responses
- blocking works on 6 different YT source codes
- it shouldn't slow down your browser
- it works even if tab is not selected
- should work with future popups
- (blocking module) if there is "ERROR" instead % in stats box(lower left corner) or video won't load it means that Google changed something in code or requests and blocking module will not work until i come across the same variant and make update
- (blocking module) when using back and forward button data will not change because of cache
- (clicking module) when login popup is tamed and you quickly load another video it may appear and be tamed once again (popup needs couple hundred ms to execute code)
- (clicking module) there are some yt functions that uses popup container and should be excluded (e.g. if you're logged in the whole menu after clicking avatar in top right corner - this one is the only one excluded for now)
- "Get the best YouTube experience, Sign in to save videos, subscribe, and more" - error message in video container
It also clicks "Skip Ad" button when ad comes up (mainly for leftovers after Adblock).
Does not interfere with the Adblock Plus extension.
If you have any suggestions also write me.
1) Playback Tracking - parameters used for tracking urls
2) Ad Placements - ads on page
3) Player Ads - AdSense in video
4) Login popup - self explanatory
5) Overlay popups - these blue popups
6) Other popups - i.e. "Still watching?" popup
7) Endscreen - propositions of videos at the end of video
8) Annotations - logo in bottom right corner with subscribe option
9) Paid Content Overlay - info in left bottom about paid content
+ fixes to hiding banner on top at main page
+ (Beta) added option to auto accept cookies
+ fixed bug with right column didn't load more video propositions
+ fixed bug when auto loads next video red progress bar at top stopped at 80%
+ added option to block banner on top at main YT page
+ added support for How is YouTube today? popup to clicking module
+ fixed problem of blocking module sometimes not loading when starting browser with YT already in tab
+ fixed checkboxes in options to be remembered after browser restart (thx T.A.)
+ added option to block annotations and paid content overlay
+ added blocking tracking urls
+ code fixes on some sources
+ monthly raport fix
+ added option to block overlay popups
+ added support to new "player/next" YT network requests
+ added second XHR code version
+ code fixes
+ Blocking module !!! - it blocks popups and video ads before they show up - you won't even see any pause
+ options to block Ads, endscreen, tracking params data and more...
+ new info button with stats
+ monthly raport views in options
+ "Still watching?" popup support
+ rework of "paused continue watching?" when in inactive tab
+ moved whole storage communication to background
+ rework of storage format
+ options now work live - don't need to refresh page
+ Rework of code that starts the paused video
+ Fixed "Skip Ad" to properly initialize - rework of storage.local code, because of Chrome storage speed instability.
+ Added links in options page
+ Added limit 5 lines to coms box
+ Added install page
+ Added update page
+ Added manifest version support
+ Added "Skip Ad" button support
+ Removed menu that shows after log in and clicking avatar in top right corner
+ Chrome compatibility
+ Added support of blue information tooltip like popups.
+ Added extension options